Mk6

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Related' started by nluciano06, Mar 15, 2017.

1. nluciano06

nluciano06 New Member

2 months later...
    I Went Stage 2 And Some Extra!
    Stage 2 Cobb Tune
    Cobb Intake
    Cobb Down Pipe
    Cobb Turbo Back
    Torque Solution Dogbone [​IMG]
    Forge Blow Off Valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan Starch likes this.
  2. JKaczor

JKaczor Well-Known Member

How do you like the Cobb tune??

3. Boo$teDB5.5

Boo$teDB5.5 Active Member

I'll chime in on my accessport. I put a stage 1 high boost tune on my gti a couple days ago and am pretty happy with it so far. Haven't had a good chance to test it out with the snow situation. I can attest to a lot more traction loss than normal. Overall it feels good and I'm excited to be able to do more with it. By the way I would love to hear the Cobb exhaust sometime. I've been on the fence between that one and the eurojet turbo back.

nluciano06 likes this.
  4. nluciano06

nluciano06 New Member

I love it. Big difference

5. nluciano06

nluciano06 New Member

I have a video on my Instagram @luciano06

6. Boo$teDB5.5

Boo$teDB5.5 Active Member

Sounds pretty awesome man. I hate how a lot of exhausts sound ricey on the gti. You might have sold me there.

7. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

Looking good! You might want to look into an IC of some sort if you plan on pushing it it.

Neuspeed has the best sounding MK6 exhaust IMO. I tried 4 different setups when I had my MK6 and the Neuspeed fit the best and sounded the best. Nice and deep, no drone with a DP.

8. JKaczor

Exhaust wars!!!

Mine is custom aside from the downpipe. Downpipe is from ATP. It was far cheaper than anything on the aftermarket, and in my opinion sounds better too....lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RoachinRay likes this.
  9. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

10. RoachinRay

RoachinRay Bags&Wheels BRUH

how much was your custom cat back?

11. BlackGTI

BlackGTI Well-Known Member

Looks like the Eurosport set up https://www.eurosportacc.com/collections/exhaust/products/17706gss

12. JKaczor

Muffler, resonator and vbands cost me roughly $400. My friend welded it up for me with t304 stainless for $500. Downpipe was like $275. He made the tips and everything. Entire exhaust was purged and tigged. He does fantastic work. He did the exhaust on my buddy's b7 and is going to be making an exhaust for my other friends b4.

RoachinRay likes this.
  13. JKaczor

[​IMG]

In a way I guess? Theirs is 2.5", I see no vbands, and mine is 3" all the way back until the split where it goes to two 2.5" pipes. And my tips are 3", not 3.5". Their muffler is cheap too.

14. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

I think you got the friendly hookup, I doubt someone would do that for a random person that cheap. Looks good though.

RoachinRay likes this.
  15. JKaczor

He was recommended to me by my friend, my friend didn't know him prior to having his exhaust done, and neither did I.

16. g3tbrnsd

g3tbrnsd New Member

Do you have any rubbing issues? I put a CTS Turbo back on mine and I think the flex section of the downpipe is rubbing a little bit and the section between the resonator and the muffler is also rubbing. I'm guessing it's from the size jump from stock to 3". I've already tried adjusting it which didn't do much so now I'm trying to find some kind of heat resistant material I can put between the exhaust and frame to stop the rubbing

17. Jonathan Starch

Jonathan Starch Golf Guy

Did you just go with the OTS maps or did you go through a 3rd party? I used Stratified Tuning and they have been excellent. Side note: I had to use 3rd party due to not having all Cobb components... and for the crackle