New Forum Software Questions/Answers

Discussion in 'Site Information/Suggestions' started by t-rent, Feb 15, 2015.

1. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

Any questions, issue's, etc about the new forum software please post in this thread and I will address as soon as I can.

PM's (private messages) are now called Conversations. Different words for the same thing.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. vw to bimmer

vw to bimmer The Krazy Professor

my old eyes love the white background!!!! Black was tough to read at times :p

3. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

This looks nice. Will deff take some time to get used to though.

4. dyllicious

dyllicious Waffle House Bacon

5. Mk3Sleeper04

Mk3Sleeper04 Vroom!

I mostly use Tapatalk and nothing looks different

6. dfonzi88

dfonzi88 Well-Known Member

Looks nice. Is there any way to view the desktop version on my phone? I prefer it and can't find the option.

7. t-rent

That's because the tapatalk software makes every single forum display in the same manner within their app.

8. t-rent

The mobile version is pretty much the same as the desktop version. I have yet to find something that the mobile version cannot do that the desktop version can.

9. dfonzi88

dfonzi88 Well-Known Member

The only reason I don't like the mobile version is because it doesn't show the latest post in each forum on the home page. No big deal I guess.

10. t-rent

You're right, I didn't notice that. I will see what can be done.

11. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I don't like the mobile version either. I decided to try tapatalk finally and I like it. No big deal like dfonzi said

12. t-rent

You guys are weird. I think the mobile version is great. So much so that I stopped using tapatalk.

Why don't you like it?

13. bloodtypevr6

bloodtypevr6 BLACK DUDE

I guess im just used to the old version. I just noticed the fact you can load pics directly from your phone on the new version. I think that's cool. I have to play with it more and let it grow on me. It looks cool I just have to get used to the layout.

14. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Nvmd I like it all so far

15. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

I see what fonzi is talking about now.

16. A4 Deja vu

A4 Deja vu Posting- God

Ok so when I first came on the site it had an option to see new posts which brought up all most recent topics even if I already looked at them I hit "mark all read" and now I have no "timeline" type option for a second I thought there was one. Or am I missing something?

17. 8valvematt

8valvematt aka 3.2L 24 valve matt

can you make the thread titles tighter...im not exactly sure how to explain it, but the font/spacing seems off. it was easier(for me) to read the threads in the previous version

oh ...and the avatars are all pixelated. do they require a higher resolution?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  18. Haenszel

Haenszel Posting- God

I think the font is weird, or maybe its larger than it usually is? Each post seems overly-large or something... like I have old-people fonts turned on.

19. rabbit20v

rabbit20v BRIDGE!

Matt, you might just have to mess around with a new photo to get it less pixelated.
    I do agree with the fonts, something just feels off. Not proportioned right or something.

20. Porkins

Porkins Squealing Pig

In the thread it makes your avatar larger. There isn't a setting for us to change to fix that. Now if you double click your avatar your profile that pops up shows the correct size avatar no pixels poop. So like Steve mentioned mess the avatar size or just use a larger one... The font is overall is odd. We're used to a 10pt size this one utilizes a native size to the style of the type pages we are using. I've tried to manually change it to 10pt and it makes no difference.