OFFICIAL: Volkswagen of Lockport - Questions, Concerns and Update thread.

Discussion in 'General Sponsor Section' started by Basil VW, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

The response to us opening up has been overwhelming to say the least. I'm receiving text messages and private messages almost daily, keep em coming.

Basically, I just wanted a central thread for any questions or concerns someone might have. Also a place for updates to be posted.

As far as jobs go, we're obviously looking to staff an entire building/dealership. Jobs will be plentiful, from everything to anything. Experience, is not a must have. We don't mind training the right individual.

Being that I'm going to run the day in and day out operations, I'm going to have a very specific culture that I am going to be looking to achieve. This culture is extremely important to our success and to achieve the highest customer satisfaction possible.

Also, a valid driver's license, a drug test and a physical are all required and mandatory for employment.

Mike Basil is committed to making his dealerships the best in the area to work for. I've personally been with him for 6 years and I'd never had a miserable day at work and have been treated more fairly than anyone deserves. Honestly, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I get paid to do what I do.

Feel free to PM me with any employment questions or questions regarding future opportunities.

We're shooting for a target opening date sometime around November of this year. We're currently in the process of starting the tear down of the old building and construction on the new building.

As for what this account is going to provide to the community: An outlet for service and sales issues and a point of contact to the upper echelon as far as management goes. I understand that trying to get in touch with a manager at other facilities can prove to be trying and tiresome. I plan on offering sales and service specials and enhanced referral bonuses to DITB members. So please, feel free to contact me for anything.

Thanks,

Adam Beck
    Manager
    716-625-8444
    adamb@basiltoyota.com

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  2. t-rent

t-rent popurhood Staff Member

You should post up progress pics of the dealership. It would be pretty cool to see.

3. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

Absolutely. Right now, it's an old Toyota dealership, haha. They will definitely be posted in here. The blue prints for the new building are BONKERS. Absolutely ridiculous.

4. Minglor

Minglor jamjamjamjamjamjamjamjam!

Beck - Can you still sell me a truck when I need one?

5. lorge1989

lorge1989 Posting- God

This is cool. Very excited to see how this pans out. I just may have to get a new set of wheels once you guys open up.

6. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

Absolutely. New VW's/Toyotas and anything used. We also have Chevy, Ford, Cadillac, Buick, GMC sister stores as well.

7. Slark

Slark Well-Known Member

8. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

I truly can't wait for this to happen. It's going to be great for the VW community here in town, and in effect, force any sub-par facilities to step it up a bit in their various departments.

9. Bakes

Bakes Well-Known Member

I don't like my VW and prob won't buy another one, but this is one of the best Brand specific forums I've been on.
    Great members with a lot of first hand knowledge, very helpful, and it's great to see a dealership and other businesses (Blackforest) contribute and take part in the forum.
    Best of luck with this!

10. Jeller

Jeller Posting- God

Build the dealership big enough to fit an Audi dealer too ;-)

11. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

It'll be plenty big. :snky:

12. badnewsmini

badnewsmini Posting- God

Whats the work schedule like there? do the techs work 3/4 super long days or is it 9-5 5 days? I hated the north town flip flop thing it was soo stupid, i didnt mind getting the work week over quick.
    I just didnt like not being able to keep straight the days i would be working. and hell week sucked.

I look forward to another VW dealer. :)

13. gv1390

gv1390 Well-Known Member

From what I understand that is how the scheduling will be.

Looking forward to this place opening Beck. :tup:

14. Mike.Mike.

Mike.Mike. DIRTY DEEDZ

That's just so you can get rid of the mk3 :]

15. Basil VW

Basil VW DITB Sponsor

We have construction equipment on premise!

....soon.

16. Bracketracer

Bracketracer DITB Sponsor

And still we drive by almost daily....."yep, there it is....still standing"

However, we did notice when there were finally no new vehicles parked over there.

17. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

18. deagle

deagle getting my learn on at UB

is there a hard opening day yet ?

19. RHallock

RHallock TEAM HATE

last I heard it was some time in February/March.

hopefully the weather can cooperate, our building at Mini took way longer than expected because of how rainy and cold it's been.